Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Initial information is uninformative

I received the paperwork for the DNA banking and a request for an $88 check to begin the process of beginning the process of starting this exome.

I sent it immediately, driving to the post office in the snow to mail it before days' end.

What is this step? We banked DNA from both babies in the hopes something could be found genetically SOMEDAY.

Today is someday, I suppose.

This banking, along with blood samples from myself and my husband, are the tools necessary for this exome.

This initial offering of paperwork did not include any answers to any of my questions, though my heart leaped into my throat when I saw that envelope in my mailbox.

A few points of frustration:

I was told the insurance company would give me an answer about covering the exome in two weeks. Instead, it took them nearly two months.

We still don't have a start date for the exome work.

The autopsy on this baby showed almost nothing as far as findings, because he was too small.

It will take four months - until April or May - for any results to come back. I feel as though I may die of frustration or sadness before I find out what killed my little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment